Roasting the blueberries adds a whole other dimension to a classic applesauce. You'll also find yourself hooked on coconut oil - so fragrant, full of good fats and totally vegan!
Blueberry Cinnamon Applesauce
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 gala apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp butter or coconut oilcoconut oil
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss apples and blueberries with butter coconut oil and place inon parchment-lined sheet trayoven-safe dish.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until apples are very soft.
- Transfer all ingredients to blender and add cinnamon.
- Puree until very smooth.
- Serve warm or cold.