The secret to these tasty treats is the carob! It is a naturally sweet and packed with pectin (a soluble fiber). You'll soon be spreading it on all your sweet snacks!
Carob Covered Strawberries
Yield: 12 strawberries
Time: 5 minutes
- ½ cup unsweetened carob chips
- 2 Tbsp unsweeted almond milk
- 12 strawberries, not stemmed
- ½ cup almonds, sliced (optional)
- Place carob chips and milk in microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 50% power for 3-4 minutes until melted.
- Using plastic spatula, mix together melted carob until smooth.
- Hold strawberries by stem and dip into carob.
- Dip immediately into almonds if using almonds.
- Set on wax-lined tray and let chocolate harden before serving.