Pizza for dinner and feel good about it? Yes, it can be done! Try out this cauliflower pizza crust with a medley of different toppings - you'll be hooked! If you'd like to keep this recipe all vegetarian, we recommend swapping out the anchovy in the Caesar dressing for sweet white miso ;)
Salad Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
Time: 1 hour (active) 8 hours (inactive)
- 1 large head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 10 grinds black pepper
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp flax seed
- 2 tsp cornmeal
- ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained
- ¼ cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ anchovy filet
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups mesclun salad mix
- 20 grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until it resembles rice. Remove from food processor and place in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 8 minutes until cooked. Let cool.
- Once cool, wrap in cheesecloth and squeeze out all water content.
- Whisk together drained cauliflower with rest of crust ingredients thoroughly and spread into 1 even layer approximately 1” thick on parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until crust is well browned.
- In medium sauté pan, heat grapeseed oil on medium until slick and shiny.
- Add onion and dash of salt. Cook 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Reduce heat to low and let caramelize, approximately 45min.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in blender and puree until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad mix with Caesar dressing.
Remove crust from oven and let rest 5 min. Sprinkle with onions. Top with salad mix and tomatoes.