These dreamy little bites of chia, almond, flaxseed, and sesame will make your afternoon snack-time sing! You can also fashion them into flat little squares or make a homemade powerbar!
Homemade Chia & Nut Bars
Yield: 15-20 small bites
Time: 10 minutes (active) 2 hours (inactive)
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup creamy almond butter, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed, ground
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced
- ¼ cup cold water (as needed)
- In food processor, process dates until they roll into a ball.
- Add almond butter and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Add goji berries, sesame seeds, chia seeds, flaxseed and almonds. Blend until combined, adding cold water if needed. Scrape down the sides of food processor with spatula to ensure mixture is incorporating evenly.
- Transfer to plastic wrap-lined (or wax paper lined) tray and smooth into 1” to 2” layer. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 2 hours to harden. Remove and cut into squares or roll into small balls.