Add a little heat to your popcorn with hot sesame oil and just a touch a garlic! Be careful - or you'll find yourself sneaking in a bag to the movies ;)
Chili Garlic Popcorn
Time: 15 minutes
1 tsp grapeseed oil
½ cup popcorn corn kernels
Chili Garlic Butter
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
3 Tbsp hot sesame oil
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp maple syrup
- In small stock pot, combine all ingredients for chili garlic butter on medium heat and whisk to combine.
- In large rondeau or sauté pan, heat grapeseed oil on high until slick and shiny.
- Add corn kernels and cover. Reduce heat to medium.
- Let pop until pops slow down considerably.
- Turn off heat and drizzle chili garlic butter over popcorn. Toss to combine.