Move over nachos! This easy snack will have you eager to host the next football viewing party - or just have people over to the house. We love using blue corn chips for a color contrast, but regular (or flavored) tortilla chips are completely fine substitutes!
- 6 jalapenos, halved, seeded
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, rough chop
- 1 dash red chili pepper (optional)
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ scallion, rough chop
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 oz blue corn tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In blender, combine cream cheese, cilantro, chili pepper, cumin, garlic, scallion, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Puree until very fine.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into each jalapeno.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips on top of each jalapeno.
- Bake jalapenos for 15 minutes or until jalapenos are fully cooked through.
- For extra crunch, broil for 1 minute to finish.
- Serve hot!