Want all the goodness of pad thai without the guilt? The secret lies in shirataki noodles, a slightly slippery type noodle made from tofu that digests easily in your system and contains no carbohydrates or sugar. We toss it together with carrots and bean sprouts for a delightfully crunchy and refreshing lunch option!
Pad Thai Salad
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 2 packages shirataki noodles, drained, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 Tbsp creamy unsalted peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp golden mountain seasoning
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 2oz bean sprouts
- 2oz carrots, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly on a bias
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp toasted peanut oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp toasted peanuts, chopped
- Process shirataki noodles according to package. Strain and dry thoroughly.
- In small bowl, warm peanut butter in microwave 30 seconds.
- Add fish sauce, golden mountain seasoning and sweet dark soy sauce. Whisk together to combine and mix with shirataki noodles.
- In large mixing bowl, combine bean sprouts, carrots, bell pepper, garlic, scallion with peanut oil and lime juice.
- Add noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Top with cilantro and peanuts.