Get a taste of Thailand without ever leaving home! This crunchy, nutty and thoroughly satisfying salad will set your taste buds abuzz for more! Make the dressing ahead of time - it'll keep marinating and intensifying in flavor! Green papaya can be usually found at your local Asian grocery store.
Spicy Papaya Salad
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups green papaya, peeled, shredded into strips
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 Tbsp scallion, sliced thinly on a bias
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/8” pieces ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 Thai bird’s eye chile, seeded, minced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Whisk together all ingredients for dressing until thoroughly combined.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine all other ingredients for salad except the topping.
- Toss salad in dressing and top with peanuts.