Yes indeed! You can replace bread with 2 caps of tasty portobello mushrooms. This mushroom-tastic recipe will remind you of your favorite stuffed mushroom appetizer, except ever more versatile as it's a sandwich!
Stuffed Mushroom “Sandwiches”
Servings: 2 Sandwiches
Time: 15 minutes
Mushroom "Sandwich Bread"
- 4 portobello mushrooms, caps only
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, drained, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves only, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 5 grinds black pepper
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
Per Sandwich Assembly
- 4 grape tomatoes, sliced into circles
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Toss mushrooms with extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt.
- Place mushrooms stem side up on parchment lined sheet tray.
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients for stuffing and mix thoroughly.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with enough stuffing to fill mushroom cavity and form a small dome.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.