These craveable skewers are full of umami with a fresh crunch from green peppers and mild red onion. Perfect for a summer BBQ but also great baked off at home, you can keep some marinated tofu around for impromptu kebab night whenever your heart desires!
Tofu Satay Skewers
Time: 2 hrs 30 min
Active Time: 30 min
- 16 oz extra firm tofu, drained, cubed
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 scallion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 1/8” thick pieces ginger, sliced
- 2 tsp sweet white miso
- ½ cup water
- 1 wooden skewer
- 3 pieces tofu
- 2 pieces green bell pepper, cut into squares
- 2 pieces red onion, cut into squares
- Combine tofu with all other marinade ingredients and let marinate 2 hours.
- Place wooden skewer in water for 10 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
- Remove tofu from marinade and skewer 3 pieces of tofu per skewer, separated by 2 pieces of green bell pepper and 2 pieces of red onion.
- Grill on lightly oiled grill 1-2 minutes each side or bake in 375F oven for 5-8 minutes.