This 'feta' is so flavorful and crumbly, you won't even know it's completely vegan! By freezing and thawing the tofu, the texture changes drastically and allows the soy to absorb more flavor - a win win!
Watermelon and "Feta" Salad
Time: 20minutes + 8 hours (inactive)
- 8 oz firm tofu, diced
- ¼ cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves only, minced
- 2 tsp red onion, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cracks ground black pepper
- 16oz watermelon, cubed
- 4 sprigs mint, chiffonade
- 8oz marinated tofu, drained
- Squeeze tofu with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Freeze tofu overnight.
- Thaw tofu in refrigerator until soft (approximately 4 hours).
- Combine tofu with all other ingredients in tofu feta and stir gently to combine.
- Let marinate 4 hours.
- Drain tofu from marinade and break apart gently with fingers for “feta” texture.
- Combine with watermelon and mint. Toss lightly to combine.