When root vegetables are plentiful, this recipe is the perfect way to mix it up from the regular roasting method. We love how crunchy and zingy this salad is, especially as a side for a heartier protein or tofu entree.
Zesty Beet & Carrot Salad
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup red beets, roasted, peeled, diced
- 1 large carrot, shredded into strips
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp chives, sliced
- 1 sprig tarragon, leaves only, minced
- ½ small jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 2 tsp high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin oil (optional)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients and toss to combine. Let sit 5 minutes for flavors to develop.